In a world where robots have replaced all human jobs, step into the “Job Simulator” to learn what it was like ‘to job’.
The year is 2050.
Robots cook, clean, service, and rule organize the world with precision and speed. Human occupations are now memories of the past; long gone are the blue collar jobs that ran the old world. Humans raised in our perfect automated society must not forget their useless ancient ancestors and history.
This is why JobBot was born. JobBot created Job Simulator to teach humans what it is ‘to job’. All praise to JobBot, for he is the keeper of human history.
- throw a stapler at your boss!
- learn to ‘job’ in four not-so historically accurate representations of work life before society was automated by robots!
- use your hands to stack, manipulate, throw, and smash physics objects in an inexplicably satisfying way!
- aggressively chug coffee and eat questionable food from the trash!
- use the confluence of decades of VR research to accurately track your every movement to sub-millimeter precision so that you eat VR donuts, of course!
- able to juggle tomatoes in real life? Do it in VR! Unable to juggle? There’s no cleanup required in VR!
- gain valuable life experience by firing new employees, serving slushy treats, brewing English tea, and ripping apart car engines!
- have a comfortable VR experience where vomiting is solely a gameplay mechanic, not a side-effect!
“I own a Vive because of this game. I used the copier to copy the coffee cup, I played a quick game of Minesweeper on the computer, and generally ignored the instructions. The greatest moment was when I threw my red stapler into another cubicle, and a co-worker’s head popped up, annoyed. I then threw a virtual cup of coffee in his face. I don’t know why, but that was an amazing experience to me, and I spent much of the rest of my time in the office scenario throwing things over the dividers to lure the co-workers into standing up, then assaulting the co-workers with hot coffee and office equipment.“User runlvl0